Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

She is 21 and she was taken in yesterrday for her shots, and…

Customer Question
She is 21 and...

She is 21 and she was taken in yesterrday for her shots, and was diagnosed with arthritis and they said she should be put down. i dont think so. she is happy, but is slowiing a bit. i am in assisted living. i dont her to suffer. i really dont think she is

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the cat?

She is 21 and has mild arthritis. having her nails cut yesterday helped a lot. the vet where she got her shots yesterday. thought she should be put down. she is content. does not seem in pain to me, I dont think it is time yet. please help me.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is the cat bleeding a lot?

None

Veterinarian's Assistant: Phew. What is the cat's name?

Callie

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Callie?

She is asleep at my feet and purring now

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
9/11/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Scott Perry, Cat Veterinarian replied 11 months ago
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Cat Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand Callie has arthritis, but is otherwise, feeling content and doing well. Is Callie eating and drinking normally, urinating and defecating normally? Is she on any medications for pain?