Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

She is 21 and she was taken in yesterrday for her shots, and

Customer Question

she is 21 and she was taken in yesterrday for her shots, and was diagnosed with arthritis and they said she should be put down. i dont think so. she is happy, but is slowiing a bit. i am in assisted living. i dont her to suffer. i really dont think she is
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the cat?
Customer: she is 21 and has mild arthritis. having her nails cut yesterday helped a lot. the vet where she got her shots yesterday. thought she should be put down. she is content. does not seem in pain to me, I dont think it is time yet. please help me.
JA: Is the cat bleeding a lot?
Customer: none
JA: Phew. What is the cat's name?
Customer: callie
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Callie?
Customer: she is asleep at my feet and purring now
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Scott Perry replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand Callie has arthritis, but is otherwise, feeling content and doing well. Is Callie eating and drinking normally, urinating and defecating normally? Is she on any medications for pain?