PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

I have two male un neutered cats that are brothers and they

I have two male un neutered cats that are brothers and they are peeing all over everything in my house
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the cat?
Customer: I have two male un neutered cats that are peeing on everything they can
JA: Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: nemo is a year and a half and jupiter is almost a year
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?
Customer: no i don't have $5

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Are you seeing full bladder expressions or sprinkles here and there?

Are you seeing this on horizontal or vertical surfaces? Both?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Usually full bladder expressions, and usually on items left on the floors..... towels, clothing, toolbags,

Is the option to neuter them open or will they be used for breeding?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have no money to neuter them
Is there any other solution

Can you provide your city and state? There may be a program in your area to alter cats at low or no cost to you. I'll be happy to look.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No thank you what is another option to fix this problem.......
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't have time or money right now to get them fixed as i mentioned in the previous message
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i live in canada

As mentioned above, this may be free. You can visit this page to look for such programs to see if there are any in your area: http://www.peopleandpets.ca/RESOURCES/Information/Pets%20Spay-NeuterProgramsCanada(Feb07).pdf

Unfortunately, it sounds like you're dealing with one of two problems:

1) This may be normal marking for the cats since they're intact. You have two males in your home that have reached sexual maturity. They are going to be using your home to mark their territory. Neutering them should stop this, if the urination is territorial.

2) You may be witnessing symptoms of a urinary tract infection which needs to be diagnosed and treated with antibiotics through your vet.

Since both males are urinating, this is likely to be due to the fact that they're intact as it's quite rare for two cats in the same household to have a UTI at the same time. I would look to the link I shared above to see if you can get them neutered at a reduced cost or for free. Within a few weeks time once they are neutered, the urinating should resolve on its own if this is territorial.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
YEAH I LIVE IN BC AND THERE ARE NOTHING ON THAT PAGE ABOUT SURREY OR LANGLEY. I CANNOT GO TO NORTH VANCOUVER OR PRINCE GEORGE.
ANY ADVISE WHAT ELSE I COULD DO?

I'll opt out and see if another professional can assist further. I have offered what options I can. I hope all goes well for your companions. It's my impression that they need to be neutered and an examination would be wise to rule out a urinary concern, as well.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
THANK YOU

I have re-opened this thread since your other thread was on the same topic. If this happens following their neutering (and it will take a few weeks, keep this in mind, contact me back on this thread and we can keep discussing the topic. It would be wise to have a urinalysis run on each of them during their vet appts to rule out a urinary tract infection and save yourself the expense of an examination for a future recheck. Behavioral meds may be needed in the future but we can cross that bridge through discussion if you wind up having persistent issues. I would recommend purchasing an enzymatic cleaner to clean your home when they urinate as this will cut back on the smell and should help to keep them from going in the same area repeatedly. I highly recommend the Nature's Miracle line (available at petsmart, amazon, etc). My favorite is the one in the red bottle.