Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My cat is 6-7 treats old female. Is peeing small amounts of

Customer Question

My cat is 6-7 treats old female. Is peeing small amounts of blood and keeps going to the litter box. I'm in the path of the hurricane. Nothing is open. Is there anything I can do for her until I can get her to a vet. And no I do not have any cranberry juice
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is***** I'm sorry to hear about this situation with Peanut and also the hurricane. My greatest concern goes out to all those in its path. I can't imagine what it is line to be in its path. As far Peanuts situation, she could have a urinary tract infection or feline lower urinary tract disease. This is inflammation of the bladder that shows as straining to urinate, blood in the urine, and increased need to urinate - basically all the similar signs to a urinary tract infection. The best an owner can do at home for both of these is increasing water / hydration. Try to put out more water bowls around the house to encourage her to drink more. The more dilute of urine produced, the more relief some can get.