Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat is 6-7 treats old female. Is peeing small amounts of…

Customer Question
My cat is 6-7 treats...
My cat is 6-7 treats old female. Is peeing small amounts of blood and keeps going to the litter box. I'm in the path of the hurricane. Nothing is open. Is there anything I can do for her until I can get her to a vet. And no I do not have any cranberry juice
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
9/10/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian

Hi. My name is***** I'm sorry to hear about this situation with Peanut and also the hurricane. My greatest concern goes out to all those in its path. I can't imagine what it is line to be in its path. As far Peanuts situation, she could have a urinary tract infection or feline lower urinary tract disease. This is inflammation of the bladder that shows as straining to urinate, blood in the urine, and increased need to urinate - basically all the similar signs to a urinary tract infection. The best an owner can do at home for both of these is increasing water / hydration. Try to put out more water bowls around the house to encourage her to drink more. The more dilute of urine produced, the more relief some can get.

Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian