Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

She does not like to be touched. I can pet the top of her

Customer Question
head and around her whiskers...
She does not like to be touched. I can pet the top of her head and around her whiskers most of the time, but only for a little while. She starts to twitch her tail, and I know to stop. Does not like it if I touch her anywhere else.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Buster. She is 6 or 7 years old. As a kitten she seemed normal, but has been no touch since kittenhood, although she likes to be near us.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Buster?
Customer: I have read about hyperesthesia, and some of the symptoms seem similar, the rippling of her back and twitching of her tail. And I can touch behind her ears and sometimes under her chin.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
9/11/2017
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 3 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that no one has reached out to you before now.

Do you have any video of what happens?

Do the symptoms only occur when you touch her or does her skin ripple/tail swish when not being touched?

I don't see the reply that I typed and "sent", so I will try again. I think I do see the ripple on occasion when not touched, but yes to the tail swish. I can take a video of one of us petting her when my husband gets home. I just now see that I was charged more $. I did not read all of the fine print. Lots of it. Am I going to be charged with each email? If yes, please cancel now.

I will contact customer service to discuss billing. Experts don't have that information available to us and we're not responsible for the costs associated with the usage of the service. We just help customers.

Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian