Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

We suspect our cat just ate a 5mg Vetmedin tablet, she is 4

Customer Question

We suspect our cat just ate a 5mg Vetmedin tablet
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: she is 4 Kg , Mautsie 3 years
JA: What is the cat's name?
Customer: Mautsie
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Mautsie?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Mautsie getting a dose of Vetmedin. How long ago did this happen?

If it happened in the last few minutes, getting her to vomit would be best, ***** ***** is not easy to do in cats. Hydrogen peroxide is not recommended in cats; it can burn the lining of the throat and stomach. A veterinarian can try something that is safer, but it does not always work.

I looked up this drug in cats. The ASPCA poison control had 41 one cases of cats getting Vetmedin. Only 6 of them showed any signs, and they vomited. Cats of course vomit with just about anything, but when you want to make them vomit, they won't!

So it sounds like you may see nothing, or possibly some vomiting. If you want more information, called ASPCA poison control at(###) ###-#### there is a donation to the SPCA for the call.

Please let me know if this helps and what other questions I can answer.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 month ago.

How is Mautsie doing? I hope you are able to see my answer.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 month ago.

Please let me know if my answer was helpful. I hope Mautsie is doing well today.

Kindly consider rating my answer, so the website knows I assisted you!

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 month ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?