Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

She wouldn't eat her food, kept yelling at me, then walked

Customer Question

she wouldn't eat her food, kept yelling at me, then walked to the door, I let her out....well she leave me forever, I'm so upset, my heart is broken, pls tell me she will return, Ted
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did the cat have a fall?
Customer: no, she wouldn't eat the food I gave her, kept yelling at me, then went to the door to leave...will she come back
JA: What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: kitty, I think 5
JA: What is the kitten's name?
Customer: Her name is "Kitty", pls help me
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Kitty?
Customer: No, I fed her can food, thought it funny she wanted any kind of food, so I did not open the can she wanted, she gave me a loud cry & went to the door...have I lost her
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

Now I have to say that its not likely you have lost her. Most cats will go outside from time to time and when they are unwell for any reason (a concern if she wasn't eating), they can withdraw to hide outside. So, we will want to keep an eye out for her and lure her back in if we can. Once she is in, you need to tempt her to eat. Offer favorites,boiled chicken,white fish, or meat baby food (as long as its garlic/onion free). If she continues to refuse, vomits (or shows lip licking, drooling, or retching), pale gums or belly discomfort when lifted; then we'd want her to see her local vet. She may have a brewing nausea from a gut infection or in reaction to something she has eaten. As well, at Kitty's age, dental disease or oral sores can also cause this type of situation. And those are what we'd want to have her checked for, since we'd of course need to address the one present to nip this in the bud and avoid any risk of dehydration, weight loss or fatty liver issues for Kitty. But again she is likely withdrawing outside not leaving, so do keep an eye out for her here.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

******************************************************************************

I aim to provide best care for you just as I do for my own clients & their pets. If you have any other questions, please ask – I’m happy to help but please rate me with the **STARS** (or leave a written rating of 1-5; 5 being great) as this is the only way I am credited for my work by the site & this allows me to continue to help here. This is included in your question fee. Once you rate, your question will not close & you can still ask follow-up questions. Thank you. : )**