Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

4 lb cat 1 year old i discovered a quarter size hole right

Customer Question
size past the rib section...
4 lb cat 1 year old i discovered a quarter size hole right size past the rib section on cat saw muscle tissue then deep hole clean, no size of infection not much bloody discharge, did not have any sign of drainage on cat hair. I am scared. cleaned with chlorahydrate diluted had here from local vet, sprayed with vetrycin silution put her in a cage away from my other cats help gave a shot of penicillin under skin neck 3 ml only. Do not know what to do.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infections the cat can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the cat?
Customer: she had no symptoms kept her in house for 24 hours before finding this hole. She is so small can i treat it myself
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
9/8/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Amber Hinson,
 replied 2 months ago
Amber Hinson

Hello. I'm Dr. Hinson. Is there any way you could post a photo of the wound for me?

i have pic on phone now do not know how to post can message you?
havemvery little money i am old woman ss check only please help
Cat Veterinarian: Amber Hinson,
 replied 2 months ago

In this dialogue box there is a paperclip icon - you can attach it there. If I have a photo on my phone, I will download it to my computer and then upload it. You can also get the Justanswer app for your phone and you should be able to attach it that way.

It is very hard for me to give you much advice without seeing the wound.

on my phone?
govrnment phone no apps
i do have photo
Cat Veterinarian: Amber Hinson,
 replied 2 months ago

OK. I am going to opt out and see if another expert can help you. There is not much I can do to help without seeing the wound. I'm sorry.

please tell me how to send photo to you
Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian