Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

My cat has a now a totally open abscess for almost 2 days.

Customer Question

My cat has a now a totally open abscess for almost 2 days. Tonight he was licking and started growling and howling. I know it hurts and he keeps licking. Area has hair over it and I can cut it if recommended. Area is raw and is also getting smaller but tonight seems deeper. I'm treating with Neo-Pedef powder 2 times a day. 2+ day.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is your cat bleeding a lot?
Customer: none at all.
JA: Phew. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your cat?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 month ago.

Hi this is DRB.....this is very very painful for your kitty.....neopredef not appropriate for this....your kitty needs sedation with clip and deep flush and clean of this along with some strong antibiotics and some buprenorphine for pain....this is only humane way to treat this.....hope that helps, DRB

I will be back online tomorrow night if you need additional help....but above is proper treatment for this condition.....DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 month ago.

If you do not have any other questions please rate me as this is how I make money to support my family. Please give me a positive rating as that is the only way I am compensated. A positive rating will not close this question and I am more than happy to answer any follow up questions that you have. ( You can rate me at top right of page).

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much! DrB

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 month ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr B