Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

Domestic cat appro 11 yrs old seems to drink lot of water, i

Customer Question

domestic cat appro 11 yrs old seems to drink lot of water
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the domestic cat?
Customer: i dont know there is a problem but i have noticed my cr drinks ot of wter
JA: Where does the domestic cat seem to hurt?
Customer: i do not believe cat hurts anywhere
JA: OK. No obvious pain. What is the domestic cat's name?
Customer: buster approx 11 yrs old maale
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the domestic cat?
Customer: i do not believe so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 month ago.

HI this is DRB and I will try and help you with this...

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 month ago.

Increased water drinking can be a sign of kidney disease and a sign of diabetes.....sometimes it can also be seen with hyperthyroidism.....and in some cases with liver disease...but in a cat my largest concers are diabetes and kidney disease.....

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 month ago.

It will be necessary to see your vet and have a thorough examination and a full blood panel done to include at least CBC, chem panel, lytes, UA, T4 and feline triple test.....

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 month ago.

can I answer any questions for you or address any specific concerns....

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
are there tretments dor diabete and kidney disease
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 month ago.

Yes, there are treatments for both of these when treatments are started early......patients can do very well for a prolonged period of time....

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 month ago.

can I answer any other questions for you?

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 month ago.

If you do not have any other questions please rate me as this is how I make money to support my family. Please give me a positive rating as that is the only way I am compensated. A positive rating will not close this question and I am more than happy to answer any follow up questions that you have. ( You can rate me at top right of page).

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much! DrB

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 month ago.

please let me know if you have additional questions......I check my computer nightly....DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 month ago.

If you do not have any other questions please rate me as this is how I make money to support my family.

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 month ago.

thank you very much! DRB