Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

She is sick. She had some fluid running out of her behind…

Customer Question
She is sick....

She is sick. She had some fluid running out of her behind for a few weeks. We thought she was pregnant but she wasnt. Now she's losing weight and was not a big cat to begin with. I can see her spine she's so thin. She is eating and drinking & still using the litter box. We have not seen any worms in her stool. No vet in our area will see her and take payments. I feel so helpless. I've just noticed a decline in her health in the last 2 days.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. We need to be extra careful with pregnancies, so we'll need to connect you with the Veterinarian ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?

No. I know she is not pregnant.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
I think she has an infection inside.
Any idea on my Kitty? I'm very worried. She is still eating & drinking but not alot and she seems a little weak. I'm very worried about her.
9/8/2017
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 8 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am so sorry to see no one has reached out to you before now.

1) What color is the fluid leaking from her behind?
2) Is this definitely from her anal area or could this be from her vulva?
3) Any vomiting or diarrhea?
4) Have you reached out to any rescues in the area for help?
5) In what city, state do you reside?

1) Clear or creamy colored
2) Could be Vulva
3) A little bit but not everytime she eats
4) Yes & they will not do payments
5) Cumberland Md
I was a little upset that no one got back to me any sooner. The whole reason I signed up & paid was the promise of fast response.

To clarify, have you reached out to rescues in the area--not just vets? Someone who could potentially take over her medical care and may also have access to financial aid funding information, such as the Allegany County SNIP program?

I understand your frustration. We have two options at this point. I can contact customer service for you directly or we can continue to work together (albeit delayed) for a resolution to your concern. Which works best for you?

I have not heard do any of these programs. What is SNIP. I'm desperate at this point

My biggest concern for her at this point is that she may have a pyometra or infected uterus. This can be life-threatening. The Allegany County SNIP program is a low cost (or no cost) spay/neuter program for cats and dogs. Depending on your income, you may qualify to have this surgery at no cost to you. You can learn more here: http://www.steppingstoneanimalsociety.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/SSAS-SNIP-form-revised2.pdf and here: http://www.steppingstoneanimalsociety.org/allegany-county-s-n-i-p/

I would also look into financial aid options for her medical care that the SNIP program does not cover:

Red Rover: https://redrover.org/find-financial-assistance-veterinary-care

Best friends: http://bestfriends.org/resources/financial-aid-pets

AVMA: https://www.avma.org/public/YourVet/Pages/Financial-assistance-for-veterinary-care-costs.aspx

HSUS: http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/resources/tips/trouble_affording_veterinary_care.html

PAWS: https://www.paws.org/cats-and-dogs/other-services/help-with-veterinary-bills/

Your dogs friend: http://yourdogsfriend.org/we-recommend/need-help-paying-vet-bills/

AFRP: https://www.animalfriendsrescue.org/financialassistance.html

Speaking for Spot: http://speakingforspot.com/?p=Financial%20Assistance%20for%20Veterinary%20Care

I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. A 5-star rating is appreciated as top notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating at no further charge on this thread.

I will also check in with you over the next few days to be sure you don’t need any additional assistance. If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

My kitty has passed on.

Thank you for letting me know. My greatest condolences.

PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse