Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of experience in small animal internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My husband shut the door and his tail and it cut off about

Customer Question

My husband shut the door and his tail and it cut off about one and half inches
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is the cat bleeding a lot?
Customer: He is at my vet now, can his tail be reattached? Cost is not a concern
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?
Customer: The bone didn't break off just the fur and skin So upset
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry to learn about this accident with your cat. In response to your question, if the bone didn't break and the injury is limited to the skin your vet will be able to suture the skin back together.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service. See you again soon!

Dr. Peter