Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech 35+ years working w/Cats
5071285

My cat had diarrhea when we were on vacation ~ perhaps one

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, My cat had diarrhea when we were on vacation ~ perhaps one day before we got home, her stools since then have firmed up, but she is constantly licking around her anus, licked all the fur off, and the area surrounded the anus is all red.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if your cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name?
Customer: snickers
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your cat?
Customer: we think it was tuna flakes that set her off, we eliminated those. she did puke a gigantic hairball, which we werent surprised about with all the licking
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Joan replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years. I would like to assist you with Snickers.

I am sure the anal area is very sore. Lets start with some warm compresses to help take the inflammation out. You can then treat with a litlle Vasoline over the area. This will serve two purposes. One to soothe the area and two licking the Vasoline will help with Hair bllls.

Hopefully this will help heal the anal area and also halp with the hair balls.

Please hit reply to discuss this information.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 1 month ago.

How is your Cat doing since we last chatted? I hope the diarrhea has stopped and the rectum healed.

Joan