Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

She is lethargic, not eating much, twitching slightly and

Customer Question
breathing like she has a...
she is lethargic, not eating much, twitching slightly and breathing like she has a stuffy nose
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: her name is ***** ***** she is a year and a half
JA: How old is Nina?
Customer: 1.5 year
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Nina?
Customer: she had fleas but i got her a flea collar recently (she had the symptoms before the flea collar though)
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
9/6/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Denise, Cat Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Dr. Denise
Dr. Denise, Cat Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Denise, a licensed veterinarian and I'd like to help with your concerns regarding Nina.

When did she start having the symptoms you describe?

Is Nina around any other cats?

she started having the symptoms a week ago, she seemed to get a little better a few days ago and then went back to the same. she is not around other cats anymore but there was a kitten here about a month ago

O​k, thank you for that information.

It sounds like Nina is showing signs of an upper respiratory infection, which may have come from the kitten.

Since it has progressed to the point of affecting her activity level and appetite, I recommend that you have Nina seen by a veterinarian as soon as possible as she may need antibiotics.

Until she is able to be seen by a vet, giving her steam treatments by keeping her in the bathroom while someone takes a warm shower can help to loosen up her congestion.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I am here to answer all the questions you have.

If you have no other questions, I would greatly appreciate your positive review (5 stars). Your review helps connect Experts with other customers so your input is highly appreciated, and it is the only way that I am compensated. Thank you!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Denise Cudiamat
Dr. Denise
Dr. Denise
Dr. Denise, Cat Veterinarian