Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My 2 month old kitten isn't eating. I give him and his

My 2 month old kitten isn't eating. I give him and his brother soft food and yesterday I noticed he didn't eat any or drink water. I gave a different soft food and that was eaten either. I saw him drink water and that's it. Could you advise me on what to do.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the kitten will be able to digest that. What is the kitten's name?
Customer: Apollo
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Apollo?
Customer: Apollo plays with his brother Benz, but yesterday not so much. He was trying to play with him today, but not do much like normal. He did defecate today but no urin.

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Apollo.

Does he have any vomiting, or diarrhea?

If you lift his lip to look at his gums, are they pink in color, or do his gums look pale compared to his brother?

I am pretty worried if a kitten stops eating. There are many things it could be: parasites, infection, fever. Can you take his temperature with a thermometer in his anus?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Apollo gums are pale.

That is a serious sign that he may be sick. Can you get him to a veterinarian?

Things I worry about in kittens with pale gums are fleas sucking too much blood, the feline leukemia virus, fever.

I am so sorry but I can't make calls for the website. I can only answer questions here.

If you want a phone call, I will opt out but I can't tell you when an expert who can make calls will be available.

There is a small additional fee for calls.

Can you take Apollo to a veterinarian today? This could be serious.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'll get him to the vet. Thank you

You are welcome. Please let me know what you find out and how he is doing.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?