Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Several months ago, we lost our 13yr old tabby, and at that

Customer Question

Several months ago, we lost our 13yr old gray tabby, and at that time we noticed our 12 yr old orange tabby not eating and rapidly losing weight. At the time, we figured it was grief, but we started him on wet food in case it was a problem with his teeth and for a while he got much better, regained his weight etc.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the tabby's name?
Customer: This last week, he has been spending time with all our family members, even ones he never came to before, and for the last two days he has not been eating or drinking and he is trying to hide from all of us. As long time cat folks, we have seen this behaviour before in cats who are getting ready to die. We are very sad, but wonder if we should just let him say goodbye the way he wants, or try to get him better. His name is*****: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Are you still there?
JA: Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Oscar?
Customer: He has been vomiting white foam, and it seems to be very hard on his body when he does
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Has Oscar had any diagnostic bloodwork performed by your vet? If so, when? Do you have a copy to share?