Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I am a home and have a 9 week old kitten who was fine

Customer Question

I am a foster home and have a 9 week old kitten who was fine yesterday but earlier this afternoon was sleeping alot. I then noticed she had a slight limp. She isn't eating and her breathes per minute are around 50. It's Sunday night and am concerned.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the kitten. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the kitten?
Customer: She was spayed last Wednesday and did receive first set of kittens shot then. Was at an adoption event yesterday all day but was running around playing afterwards
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Is she fostered with any other kittens?

Which limb is she favoring?

When did she last eat and drink normally?

Any vomiting or diarrhea?

Have there been any changes to the diet? New food? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed? Torn up toys? Stressful changes to the environment aside from the adoption event?