Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

She has a goopy eye and I'm sure it's allergies, Puja and…

Customer Question
She has a goopy...

She has a goopy eye and I'm sure it's allergies

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?

Puja and she's 3 months

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Puja?

Nope. She's healthy as a horse otherwise

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
8/6/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Joan, Vet Tech replied 1 year ago
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years. I am sorry to hear your cat is having allergy problems. We are seeing a lot of allergies this year.

To help her you can use some Plain Sterile Saline without Preservatives in the eye to clean it out. For the allergies, the easiest medication to use is Plain Chlor-tirmeton, which can be found at most Pharmacies. You can give 2-4mgs every 12 hours. They come in 4mg Tablets, so easy to break and use. I would start with the low does and see how she does with it. If still giving her problems you can go to the full tablet. It may make her sleepy, but that is normal with an Antihistamine.

Please hit reply to discuss this information.

Joan

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Jav917