Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My 2 year old cat has started urinated on my bed and

Customer Question

my 2 year old cat has started urinated on my bed and furnitue and I don't know what to do about it
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the cat's name?
Customer: sofia
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sofia?
Customer: no
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry to hear about Sofia. The most common reason for a cat to suddenly urinate on furniture or bedding is a bladder infection, or crystals in the urine. For some reason, when it stings or burns or is painful to urinate, cats seek out soft or smooth surfaces, and avoid the litter box.

I would have a urinalysis done as soon as you can; this might clear up with a course of antibiotics. If she does have stones or crystals, she may need a change in her diet.

Please let me know what other questions I can answer.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

How is Sofia doing? I did not hear back from you.

Please let me know if I can answer any other questions, and if my answer is helpful.