Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

He is 13 years old and is very lethargic. He can't lift his…

Customer Question
He is 13 years...

He is 13 years old and is very lethargic. He can't lift his head upright and he urinated while lying down like he didn't know. If he tries to move it is a jerking motion and falls over.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name?

Jasper

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Jasper?

He was treated a couple weeks ago for Giardia

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
8/5/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Denise, Cat Veterinarian replied 11 months ago
Dr. Denise
Dr. Denise, Cat Veterinarian

Hi. I’m Dr. Denise, a licensed veterinarian. I’m happy to help with your concerns regarding Jasper. I am very concerned for him as is sounds like he is having neurologic signs?

Did these symptoms occur suddenly?

Do the symptoms come and go? or are they persistent?

Any prior medical conditions?

If she currently taking any medications?

Since I have not heard back from you, and I am logging off for the evening, I will Opt Out and allow another Expert to address your question. I will share that I am very concerned for Jasper, and I recommend that he be evaluated by a veterinarian ASAP for the lethargy and neurologic signs he is showing.

I took him to emergency clinic. Thank you