Denise Cudiamat
Denise Cudiamat, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian
99472105

He is 13 years old and is very lethargic. He can't lift his

Customer Question

He is 13 years old and is very lethargic. He can't lift his head upright and he urinated while lying down like he didn't know. If he tries to move it is a jerking motion and falls over.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Jasper
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Jasper?
Customer: He was treated a couple weeks ago for Giardia
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Denise Cudiamat replied 2 months ago.

Hi. I’m Dr. Denise, a licensed veterinarian. I’m happy to help with your concerns regarding Jasper. I am very concerned for him as is sounds like he is having neurologic signs?

Did these symptoms occur suddenly?

Do the symptoms come and go? or are they persistent?

Any prior medical conditions?

If she currently taking any medications?

Since I have not heard back from you, and I am logging off for the evening, I will Opt Out and allow another Expert to address your question. I will share that I am very concerned for Jasper, and I recommend that he be evaluated by a veterinarian ASAP for the lethargy and neurologic signs he is showing.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I took him to emergency clinic. Thank you