Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

We have an outdoor cat and all of a sudden her hind right…

Customer Question
We have an outdoor...

We have an outdoor cat and all of a sudden her hind right leg seems weak and shes about dragging it.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Did the cat have a fall?

Well shes an outdoor cat. Shes about 15 yrs old

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name?

Gateway

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Gateway?

Not at the moment

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
8/5/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How long has he had these signs?

Any history of a trauma or fall?

Does she have any voluntary movement in the leg?

If you pinch a toe on this leg, does she react like she felt it?

If you feel up and down the leg, any swellings, tender spots, bruising, or bony crunching?

Any discomfort when you flex and extend each joint?

Any joint swellings or puffiness?

Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian