Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

We just got a kitten, this morning she is drooling

Customer Question

We just got a kitten, this morning she is drooling excessively and sneezing.. I have been using Diatomaceous Earth around the house to help with fleas, and spiders
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the kitten's name?
Customer: We named her Artemis.. DE is chemical free.. she does have a flea collar on.. just to be safe..
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Her?
Customer: She is 2 or 3 months old.. acting normal other than the sneezing and drool
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 2 months ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. IF YOU GET REQUEST FOR A PHONE CALL, IT IS FROM THE WEBSITE AND NOT MYSELF. JUST IGNORE IT. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately. If you have not responded back in 10 minutes, it may be a longer before I can get back to you. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

How is her appetite?

Is there any discharge coming from the nose? If so, please describe it.

What brand of flea collar did you put on her?