Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My tabby cat is 15 yrs old, and a house cat. She escaped

Customer Question

My tabby cat is 15 yrs old, and a house cat. She escaped during my moving and was at large for one month. She has been caught and neighbours brought her back today. She is thinner and won't eat and very listless and sleeps all the time. I notice that her front claws seems to have looked like they rotted off.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your tabby cat. What is the tabby cat's name?
Customer: Alma
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Alma?
Customer: No
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Scott Perry replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand Alma was recently found after being lost for 1 month. First, congratulations on finding her. I understand she is very thin and her claws are missing. Is that a correct summary?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No, I do not want a phone call. I am checking out. Thanks

Not a problem. The phone call is automatically offered by the website. I am able to answer your question in either format (text or phone). Let me know if you wish to continue.