Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Still affected with thick salivation,being treated with

Customer Question
Still affected with thick...

Still affected with thick salivation,being treated with atopica once every three days, hadall his teeth removed. Also has conjuctivitous most of the time with normal but excessive eye mucus and thick, black overproduction of earwax, note--he was badly affected by the calici virus as a kitten ,his tongue was badly ulcerated.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infections the kitten can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the kitten's name?

He,s no longer akitten he,s 7 years old, called Basil.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Basil?

Obviously he's a snorer when he sleeps but he's an outdoor/indoor cat who seems less affected from his problems during sunny summer months

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
8/4/2017
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 11 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

How can I best assist you today?

still waiting for some assistance re: Basil,s problems healthwise
seeing another vet this coming Monday (i.e.) tomorrow if you can contribute to treating his problems in any satisfactory way before then I would be most grateful. Thanks.

Good morning, JACustomer. I had not received a response to the question I had posed on the 3rd of August. It appears that part of your history came through (drooling, full mouth extraction, conjunctivitis, black ear wax), but no specific questions to answer. If you can provide this information, I may be better able to assist.

sorry, to late now to talk, may I refer you to the problems I wrote up to you on 3rd of August re: Basil ? Will await your response many thanks.

Hi, sorry for any confusion, can I check in on Basil and see how he’s doing?