Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I have a 13 year old male tuxedo cat. His name is Enkidu. He

Customer Question

Hi. I have a 13 year old male tuxedo cat. His name is***** was diagnosed with diabetes three years ago and I have been giving him insulin twice a day with his meals. Over the past year, he has gone from 15 to eight pounds. When he walks, he is hesitant, seems to have a difficult time balancing, walks into corners and stares at the wall, he doesn't clean himself anymore and pees and poops in the house. I vet has done blood panels and nothing shows up. We did a body x ray and can't find cancer. My beautiful hefty tuxedo is slowly shrinking before my eyes and I can't seem to do anything about it and the vet hasn't found anything wrong other than a minor urinary infection that she treated with convenia. What else can I do?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did Enkidu have a fall?
Customer: No
JA: The Expert will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. It might be a fracture. The Expert will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Enkidu?
Customer: He didn't have a fall
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Do you have a copy of the bloodwork results to share?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No. I don't carry it with me. Sorry. Am at work.��

When did the symptoms begin? When was the bloodwork last run? Do you know if your vet checked a thyroid panel and the results? When was his last fructosamine or glucose curve? Is your vet able to email you a copy, by chance? I can help further with more info. Our chat is also not time limited, so if you need to acquire more info when you're not at work I can assist you later, as well.