Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

He was outdoors in our back yard we hearda loud scream I…

Customer Question
He was outdoors in...

He was outdoors in our back yard we hearda loud scream I went to get him and he was hissing and me and urinated on me he is 14 and has hurt his self a few times this has never happened before . I know there is another cat that comes to our back yard that he freaks about but I did not see or hear him. I got him to come inside but he is dragging his front paw . I gave him treats he is now letting me pet him and he is purring it has been about 40 min he is now stretching his paw but I have not let him get up to walk I keep distracting him .

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name?

Kitty

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the kitten?

He has arthritis in that same leg

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/3/2017
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 year ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share a video of what you're seeing? Allow Kitty to walk, if possible.

Is he on any medication at this time?

Any known history of illness?

Any injuries to the limb that you can see, such as bite marks?

When was bloodwork last performed?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He won't walk at all now I'm taking him to the vet

Let me know if I can help further. Good luck!