Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

Cat keeps pawing at her mouth with both paws, she is a 16 yr. old calico cat, has had her back teeth removed due to

Customer Question
She keeps pawing at...

She keeps pawing at her mouth with both paws

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?

She is a 16 yr. old calico cat, has had her back teeth removed due to decay, then they had to remove her pointer teeth. Sedated her to check the teeth and even under lite sedation, she still showed pain. when they pulled teeth they were very loose.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. What is the calico cat's name?

Litter Tiger

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the calico cat?

She has seizures she also takes meds for thyroid

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
8/3/2017
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 6 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

When did she last undergo surgery to remove teeth?

Have you checked her mouth for any foreign material?

Is she still eating and drinking well?

Can you share video of what you're seeing?

Any drooling?

Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian