Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

I have accidentally given my cat two onsior pills in a day,

Customer Question
Hello I have accidentally...

Hello I have accidentally given my cat two onsior pills in a day, should I worry or take him to the vet?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with your cat?

He seems fine, just gave him second onsior pill though a few mins ago and the first one was given about 12 hours ago

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does your cat seem to hurt?

Bladder

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your cat?

He's also on a amoxicilin of some sort

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
The onsior is 6 mg
8/3/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Denise, Cat Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr. Denise
Dr. Denise, Cat Veterinarian

Hi. I’m Dr. Denise, a licensed veterinarian. I’m happy to help with your concerns regarding your cat. Just a moment as I write my response.

I would not be concerned. Even though a second dose was received within 12 hrs instead of 24hrs, this is still well within the tested toxic limits.

Daily doses of 1X and 3X therapeutic levels for 6 months and 2.5X given twice daily for 42 days caused no clinically significant abnormalities (other than vomiting), per the product safety tests.

I recommend giving the next dose, tomorrow evening, 24hrs after the most recent dose.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I am here to answer all the questions you have. If you have no other questions, I would greatly appreciate your positive review (5 stars). Your review helps connect Experts with other customers so your input is highly appreciated. Thank you!

Hi there. Just checking in on your kitty.

How is he doing today?

-Dr. Denise

Dr. Denise
Dr. Denise
Dr. Denise, Cat Veterinarian