Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I have a tiny kitten. I'm not sure how to explain this. She

Customer Question

I have a tiny kitten. I'm not sure how to explain this. She has developed holes in the skin of back legs. I've been using Vaseline on her because she has been messing herself a lot and I wanted to protect her skin from it. I've also given her a bath every day. She got out of her box this morning when I was gone and no one was around for about four hours. I'm not sure if she did something when she was out, or if these are because of the Vaseline, or what. It's like the creases of her skin have opened up.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: Well there is now I guess. But there wasn't before this morning.
JA: What is the kitten's name?
Customer: No name yet. She's a couple of weeks old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the kitten?
Customer: Can I send a picture?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

A picture or video would be very helpful.

How long have you had her?

Where was she before you took her?

There is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video. If it fails to load, the files are likely too large. You can also use websites like Imgur.com and youtube.com to upload pictures and video respectively. Once this is done, a set of links will appear. You can then post the link back and I can access them. If this does not work and you’d prefer to text them directly to my cell phone, let me know. There is an additional charge for this, but it can make the job of sending pictures or video much more simple. Just let me know what works for you. I’ll be standing by.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
About a week. She's about two weeks.
She did not have these when I got her.
She is bottle fed and has not lost her appetite, but she is obviously uncomfortable and eliminating makes for a painful experience.
I haven't put anything on her since I found it earlier today. Should I put something on the spots?
There is no bleeding.
It's very hard to get a photo as she is super squirmy, I hope you can see multiple spots up her leg the other leg has one round spot.

I can see the areas you're referring to, but I cannot see the details well enough to ascertain what you're seeing. Do you know of any injury that's been sustained? Are they oozing? Are they growing daily or appear to have something within the holes?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Never mind. I took her to the emergency vet.

Let me know if you need any additional assistance.