Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

I have a tiny kitten. I'm not sure how to explain this. She…

Customer Question
I have a tiny...

I have a tiny kitten. I'm not sure how to explain this. She has developed holes in the skin of back legs. I've been using Vaseline on her because she has been messing herself a lot and I wanted to protect her skin from it. I've also given her a bath every day. She got out of her box this morning when I was gone and no one was around for about four hours. I'm not sure if she did something when she was out, or if these are because of the Vaseline, or what. It's like the creases of her skin have opened up.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

Well there is now I guess. But there wasn't before this morning.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the kitten's name?

No name yet. She's a couple of weeks old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the kitten?

Can I send a picture?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
8/3/2017
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 6 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

A picture or video would be very helpful.

How long have you had her?

Where was she before you took her?

There is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video. If it fails to load, the files are likely too large. You can also use websites like Imgur.com and youtube.com to upload pictures and video respectively. Once this is done, a set of links will appear. You can then post the link back and I can access them. If this does not work and you’d prefer to text them directly to my cell phone, let me know. There is an additional charge for this, but it can make the job of sending pictures or video much more simple. Just let me know what works for you. I’ll be standing by.

I can see the areas you're referring to, but I cannot see the details well enough to ascertain what you're seeing. Do you know of any injury that's been sustained? Are they oozing? Are they growing daily or appear to have something within the holes?

Never mind. I took her to the emergency vet.

Let me know if you need any additional assistance.

Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian