Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

17 year old cat. Pooping and peeing all of the house. First

Customer Question

17 year old cat. Pooping and peeing all of the house. First she started pooping in the corner of one room so I put a litter box there for her. Then she started pooping in that room, but nowhere near litter box so I read she may not like the box. I put down puppy pads and she did good for a few days using them, then went back to going anywhere else in the room. I kept puppy pads and she stills uses that room, but has also started pooping and peeing on the bathroom carpet. Tonight I came home to poop and pee on my bed. Back up a bit and between bathroom and bed she peed and pooped in her bed to the point I had to throw it away. I am at a loss of what to do except lock her in a bathroom? I also have 3 other cats and am worried they will start peeing in the same places she has. We have removed all carpet in house and only have tile and wood floor now. She has been doing this for 3-6 months at least.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?
Customer: I don't think so.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

When was bloodwork last performed for this girl?

When was a fecal analysis last performed?

When was a urinalysis last performed?

Is she declawed?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
a little over a month ago she had a vet visit. She had a UTI, but the peeing behavior was very different than this behavior. I have her medication for one month. That ended a couple of weeks ago. I believe they did a check up then also, but not sure about blood work.
She is not declawed.

What medication was given for 1 month?

Are you able to inquire with your vet when she last had bloodwork and a fecal performed?

Has she had any x-rays of her spine or hips?

Is she on any oral medication currently or any dietary supplements?