Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

My cat is probably 2yrs old or less and he occasionally

Customer Question
holds up one of his...
My cat is probably 2yrs old or less and he occasionally holds up one of his rear back legs stiffly, and also occasionally loses his balance when trying to jump
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did your cat have a fall?
Customer: Not that I saw personally but. He does use a very tall cat tree that he has stopped using the top of
JA: What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Pippin and he is approximately 2 years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Pippin?
Customer: No
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
8/1/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Richard Rawling,
 replied 4 months ago
Richard Rawling

Hi, i`m Richard, a Veterinarian from the UK. Hopefully I can help today.

Cat Veterinarian: Richard Rawling,
 replied 4 months ago

Has Pippin had any trouble with his legs or back before?

No
Cat Veterinarian: Richard Rawling,
 replied 4 months ago

How long has he had this problem for?

Roughly a week
Cat Veterinarian: Richard Rawling,
 replied 4 months ago

Has it gotten any better or worse over the week or just stayed the same?

It seems like it's gotten better, but this morning I noticed him sort of stumble again
Cat Veterinarian: Richard Rawling,
 replied 4 months ago

Does it seem to come and go or is it there all the time?

I've only noticed it happen a few times over the course of a week
Cat Veterinarian: Richard Rawling,
 replied 4 months ago

Ok, so its very intermittent. Will he let you check his foot, look at his pads for any swelling or grazed/abraded areas?

Cat Veterinarian: Richard Rawling,
 replied 4 months ago

No sign of any wounds? Are all his nails intact?

Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian