PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

I took my kitten Kirby to the vet he took a poop a bit ago

Customer Question

I took my kitten Kirby to the vet he took a poop a bit ago after many days the vet gave him deformed the worm was little and white is it a tapeworm also it was dead
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations your kitten can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the kitten's name?
Customer: Kirby We went to the vet today Bet have him medication for fleas and worms I think his worm is tape
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your kitten?
Customer: His tongue was white but now is normal again is that a sign that he feels better
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Part of the history you originally shared was cut off, can you tell me what is going on with Kirby?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Kirby hasn't been eating his tongue was pale but after the vet visit his tongue has color again but i found a small dead work in his poop doc give him worm medication to kill the worms
I wanna know if he'll will love it not
He's only maybe 4 or 5 months
Weights 1lb 9oz
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
But has gotten skinny and I change his water daily and right now i give him canned cat food to get some nutrition I'm in his system

Do you know what dewormer was given?

Do you have a picture to share of the worm?

Is he eating well despite being small? Do you have any pictures to share of his condition?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It was a high powered type and was white
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The worm was small and white and lifeless
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No he's still not ratting well I have to make him eat or watch him till he does he'll drink water like no tomorrow I got him to eat wet car food
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I really hope he Lives

If he's had a high intestinal parasite load, this could certainly be the reason he's severely underweight and malnourished. Unfortunately, I cannot give you certainty that he is going to live. At 4-5 months, he should weigh 4-5# ***** he's not even half that. I would be concerned about congenital issues, as well, which may be stunting his growth. If he's willing to drink liquids, try pureed food mixed with water so he's eating while he's drinking. You may also want to try KMR kitten milk to keep more calories going into his body and also trying pureed baby food in chicken, turkey and similar flavors. Avoid those that contain onion or garlic in the ingredient panel.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
If he does have a tape worm will he love if they are dying

His health should improve if they are dying, but there's no guarantee it's going to be the fix for whatever ails him. More may be medically wrong than just intestinal parasites, such as a congenital defect which I mentioned above.

Checking in. How is Kirby today?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Much better been pigging out on food and water walks better and has been popping and peeling normal no more horribal pain sounds
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
has given me lovins

I am so happy to hear this! Please let me know if I can help further. Learning about his recovery has made my day :)

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
He eats every 10mins

Wow, what a trooper! I hope he's able to make up for lost time with some weight gain now that he has a strong appetite. Excellent news.

I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. A 5-star rating is appreciated as top notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating at no further charge on this thread.

I will also check in with you over the next few days to be sure you don’t need any additional assistance. If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Checking in. How is your companion today?