Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Our 16yo cat stopped eating and only drank water. The Vet…

Customer Question
Our 16yo cat stopped...

Our 16yo cat stopped eating and only drank water. The Vet made a home visit three weeks ago and we started antibiotics and he gave her a steroid short. She refused to take the antibiotics and did not improve. He came again, gave her an antibiotic shot and higher dose of steroid. She's slightly better, but drooling terribly.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know what to do with the drooling. What is the cat's name?

Nauti

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the cat?

All labs were normal, except, slightly elevated white count

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
8/1/2017
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 11 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Have recheck labs been performed?
Do you have a copy to share of the original lab work?
Has anything been provided for nausea?

No repeat labs
No medicine for nausea

Thank you for the additional information. I see that a visit was scheduled 3 weeks ago and sometime following that. Can you give the two dates the vet came?

Has her appetite improved at all?

Are you seeing any yellowing of the eyes, gums or skin (see within the ears)?

Is she taking any oral or transdermal medications at this time?