Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Bode has kidney disease=am treating w/pet wellbeing drops,

Customer Question

Bode has kidney disease=am treating w/pet wellbeing drops, but Bode will not eat the low protein dry food, even when I mashed cat treats in w/ the food-shook the mashed treats in w/ the whole dry nuggets. Also do the sq fluid q3 days. Any suggestions about getting to eat the low protein dry food.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Name Bode and he is 15+ in age.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?
Customer: Bode refused any low protein wet food from the vet's office, so I give him the fancy feast, because he was losing weight quickly from not eating. I give him Pet Wellbeing kidney support qtts 2x daily. What I have done has decreased his Cr. but not his BUN.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.

I do not do text, so send an e-mail, *********@**********

Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Is Bode willing to eat the dry OR the wet food? Which food was recommended by your vet that you've tried?

Which fancy feast are you giving? Can you share a link?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Bode eats various types of fancy feast, but not any of the various low protein wet food that the vet had in office. Will not eat any of the low protein dry food that the vet has in the office, and they had various company brands in the office. I already told you how I tried to entice him to eat the only 1 he even would eat a little of-Purina. I just thought you people would have some ideas how to get Bode to eat some low protein dry food.

And hopefully I can assist. That said, it's difficult to know what's been tried as there are many brands available and the only one listed was Purina. I have no way to know what others have or have not been tried.

Let's take a different approach. Can you share a link to the cat treats that he likes?