Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Got into my dogs flea treatment, 12 weeks old is a male his

Customer Question

Got into my dogs flea treatment
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: 12 weeks old is a male his name is Smokey
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Smokey?
Customer: On
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What should I do about my kitten getting in the dog sleep medicine
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I'm Dr Gary. I've been practicing veterinary medicine since 2007. I look forward to helping with your questions/ concerns.

Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 2 months ago.

What medication was it?

How long ago did you put it on the cat?

Are you seeing any muscle tremors now?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Shaking and Tremors and it's been 3 hours ago but it was on my dog and then I guess the cat rub it off my dog so we just figured it out
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 2 months ago.

If there are tremors, then the first thing to do is bathe the cat in dawn dish soap. That will remove any further oily residue on him.

After that, you really should go to a vet where they can give Methocarbamol. This is a muscle relaxant that helps to stop the tremors. Most cats signs will resolve over 12-24 hours with aggressive care.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.