Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Got into my dogs flea treatment, 12 weeks old is a male his…

Customer Question
Got into my dogs...

Got into my dogs flea treatment

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name and age?

12 weeks old is a male his name is Smokey

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Smokey?

On

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
What should I do about my kitten getting in the dog sleep medicine
8/1/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian replied 11 months ago
Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian

Hello, I'm Dr Gary. I've been practicing veterinary medicine since 2007. I look forward to helping with your questions/ concerns.

What medication was it?

How long ago did you put it on the cat?

Are you seeing any muscle tremors now?

Shaking and Tremors and it's been 3 hours ago but it was on my dog and then I guess the cat rub it off my dog so we just figured it out

If there are tremors, then the first thing to do is bathe the cat in dawn dish soap. That will remove any further oily residue on him.

After that, you really should go to a vet where they can give Methocarbamol. This is a muscle relaxant that helps to stop the tremors. Most cats signs will resolve over 12-24 hours with aggressive care.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.