Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech 35+ years working w/Cats
5071285

We just got a kitten from the animal shelter. she is 8 weeks

Customer Question

we just got a kitten from the animal shelter. she is 8 weeks old. At times she is drooling but others it is just a little extra saliva
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know what to do with the drooling. What is the kitten's name?
Customer: Lilo
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lilo?
Customer: She is playing, eating some and drinking plenty. All normal for a kitten. We did bring her brother home as well
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Joan replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years and would love to help with your Kitten.

There are a few reasons we may see a excessive salivation in kitten. The fist is an issues with the teeth. It could mean something is caught in between a tooth or a gum irritation. Excitement can also produce salivation if happy. There may be a sore in the mouth that would cause this problem.

I suggest that if it continues to have her into the Vet for an examination. Excessive salivation is a sign of something going on and needs to be checked out more thoroughly by the Vet. If you have any questions or would like to discuss this information, please hit reply.

Joan