Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

I have a Persian cat suffering from dental infection and his

Customer Question

Hello
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have a Persian cat suffering from dental infection and his vet recommended to use Noroclav cheawable tables 50 mg , because he doesn't eat co-amoxiclav suspension .
I'm located in Iran and this drug can't be found here . Now, I'd like to know if that possible to have a prescription from you based on my cat's vet hard or soft copy prescription in order to purchase that .
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infections your Persian can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the Persian's name and age?
Customer: Simon , 3 years old
JA: What is the Persian's name?
Customer: Simon
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Simon?
Customer: the only issue that he does not eat co-amoxiclav suspension and I can't find other medicines to replace that
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 months ago.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner and I regret that we're not allowed to prescribe in this venue. Can you find the common amoxicillin or perhaps clindamycin where you live? If not, please tell me which antibiotics are available to you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Dear Dr. Salkin,Thanks for your reply . As medicines like Noroclav can be eaten by the cat itself and no need to use syringe to do that , my cat's doctor recommended this cheawble tablet . If you could provide me with a prescription for a medicine like it that can be purchased in the U.S , I will use your prescription to order it and send it to my address in the States .Thanks and regards,
Maria

Maria, please note that I posted "...I regret that we're not allowed to prescribe in this venue." In the USA only a vet who has physically examined Simon can prescribe drugs for him.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you .

You're welcome. Mea culpa.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?