Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

She's lethargic and lying in strange places that are out of…

Customer Question
She's lethargic and lying...

She's lethargic and lying in strange places that are out of character for her. Lying in front of water fountain, lying in front of her litter box

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name and age?

Scratch and she's 12

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Scratch?

She's on a special diet from the vet. We brought her in 4 weeks ago when she started vommiting a lot again and howling again on this new diet. We decided to hold off on the vet's treatment and changed her water source to one that is enclosed and much cleaner...since than she's seemed 75% better and is only vomiting a little bit here and there. But she's laying in these weird spots and seems out of it.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
She also just threw up but it was all liquid and a lot of it.
She's only given dry food, no wet food.
7/31/2017
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 year ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

When was bloodwork last performed?

What condition was your vet treating with the recommended diet?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Bloodwork 4 weeks ago, vet said it was find.The vet was treating dietary issues...vomiting, howling, direahha

Do you happen to have a copy of the bloodwork to share? Do you know if a thyroid panel was performed? Was a urinalysis also performed?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't have a copy. They said her sugars were a little high but she shows no signs of pancreatitis and they don't think she's pre-diabetic. There was no urinalysis preformed.

Do you know if a thyroid panel was performed? Would it be possible to obtain a copy or determine if a thyroid panel was normal? The reason I am asking is because her age and symptoms line up well with hyperthyroidism, so I am curious if this has been ruled out.