Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I have a silver coon and his ears gets these black grandular

Customer Question

I have a white silver coon and his ears gets these black grandular specks on his ears. When I remove them there is blood. I have taken my cat to vet we have treated him with frontline, advantage and now another brand that works against chewing mites. Also he been treated with steroid. Now I am using a viniger solution (soap, 1/2 viniger 1/2 water and they come off easily. I have another cat and he doesn't get this also he has them around his mouth.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations your coon can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the coon's name and age?
Customer: His name is***** and he is 3 yrs old.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sugar?
Customer: The vet said that a lot of the cats and dogs coming in are having this trouble
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Emily replied 2 months ago.

My name is***** and I would like to assist with your concern today. Please ignore the request for the phone call that appears as the website generates this automatically. We can continue talking in the chat format. Did you vet take a sample of this discharge and check for ear mites, yeast and bacteria under the microscope?