Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Our cat came in this morning holding his left leg up not…

Customer Question
Our cat came in...

Our cat came in this morning holding his left leg up not able to put it on the floor. When touched he cries out loudly and has even hissed. I have called a local vet emergency and it will cost us $88.00 for visit and $200 for x-rays. My husband and I are veterans and we are both disabled. We are on a fixed income so these charges will have negative effect on us. But that aside we need to get help for our little Bootsie. Do you have any information as to who we could turn to. I feel almost certain that his leg or hip is fractured or broken. Please help us.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. How old is A?

He is 5 years.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about A?

He is a in-door/out-door cat and climbs up a tree in our back yard in the early mornings. We are wondering if he fell out of the tree. Its pretty high up.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
7/30/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.