Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I have a rescue kitten who's face and head is covered with

Customer Question

I have a rescue kitten who's face and head is covered with lice {I think}. She looks to be 2 to three weeks old (so tiny she fits in the palm of my hand). What can I use on such a young and small baby?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the kitten's name?
Customer: Stormy, she was found in a storm drain
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the kitten?
Customer: I really don't know. She is not eating well now but I am feeding her with an eye dropper.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

How large are the suspect lice?

Are her gums pink or pale/white?

How is she otherwise?

Can you take a photo of the lice (as they are uncommonly an issue) so I can see what you are seeing? To post it, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box (last icon). Or if you cannot see that, then post it on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr Instagram, etc) & paste the link here for me.