Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

It's cats plural and I'm quite sure it's related to fleas

Customer Question

hi .. it's cats plural and I'm quite sure it's related to fleas :-( but I could use some advice
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: there are 4 of them ... age ranges from juvenile (unkown, it is a rescue cat) to 18+
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the cat?
Customer: well I was hoping to find out about helping them with associated skin problems while we work to tackle the flea problem
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

What flea products are you currently using?

What skin signs are you seeing on each (ie just itchy, lesions, pimples/pustules, etc)?

Where on the skin are you seeing these signs?

Any diet change in the 2 months before this started?