Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

He's about 12 years old, and slowing up, though still pretty

Customer Question

He's about 12 years old, and slowing up, though still pretty nimble up the stares. Eating as normal. But in the past 24-36 hours, both his s have turned blue. Odd!
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the cat?
Customer: nothing else obvious. He is not using his usual route in and out of the house, via stairs down to and up from the cellar, and looks rather wobbly o9n the house stairs as well
JA: Where does the cat seem to hurt?
Customer: excuse delay - needed to check. Nowhere obvious, but I have seen him limping a bit down the stairs in the past 2-3 days.
JA: Did the cat have a fall?
Customer: Unaware of that,
JA: What is the cat's name?
Customer: Pushkin
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Pushkin?
Customer: No - it has come as a surprise that he seems to have gone down-hill a bit without warning - while at the same time remaining breezy and chatty ,,,
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry to hear you are concerned about Pushkin. What has turned blue?