Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

I nipped my cat's skin under her leg while cutting out a bit…

Customer Question
I nipped my cat's...

I nipped my cat's skin under her leg while cutting out a bit of matted fur and it bled. it has stopped bleeding but i can see the red spot. what can i do to help her?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your cat?

She is maine coon

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/29/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Richard Rawling,
 replied 6 months ago
Richard Rawling

Hi, i`m Richard, a Veterinarian from the UK. Hopefully I can help today.

Cat Veterinarian: Richard Rawling,
 replied 6 months ago

Often these wounds can be quite open and may need suturing. Are you able to send a picture of the cut?

I can send a pic but it is not the type of wound that can suture, as it's just above nipped cleanly from the skin top layer.
Thanks for your time but i will take her to her vet.
Cat Veterinarian: Richard Rawling,
 replied 6 months ago

If you could send a pic i`ll be happy to take a look. Hopefully we`ll be able to get some idea of how it will heal.

Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian