Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Does clindamycin help with upper respiratory infections in

Customer Question

does clindamycin help with upper respiratory infections in my cat
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infections your cat can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Dot she is a snowshoe and is approx 7 years. 10 lbs indoor cat healthy except for the congestion
JA: What is the cat's name?
Customer: tourndot
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your cat?
Customer: overweight
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 2 months ago.

Hi,I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your question now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

Hello again,

Sorry to hear Dot has this problem, however I have worked out an answer for you below.

1. Sure, Clindamycin can be every useful in treating respiratory infections in the cat, you can confirm this and read more on how this drug is used in cats including dose rates via this link : LINK

2. But in any case I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thanks

No problem, very glad to be advising you.

Please let me know how things go ...

Regards,

Dr Scott

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how Tourndot is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the use of Clindamycin ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott