Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I have kind of dropped off Just.answer these past months…

Customer Question
For Dr. B. I have kind...
For Dr. B.
I have kind of dropped off Just.answer these past months because they kept disconnecting my monthly subscription, but today I just wanted to take the opportunity to that you for all your responses in the past few years. In an hour of so, I will be driving over to the cat hospital to bring Kitkat home for one last night; then tomorrow I will let her go. My vet says it is time; I know that is true but my heart is breaking. She has been fighting to keep above 8 pounds for some weeks and we have gone to subq fluids three times a week, then last Sunday night she took a turn for the worse and her blood work shows thyroid and liver problems as well as all the things she is already dealing with; she is currently stable but that is the result of twice daily subq fluids. My vet thinks she will do OK for one night at home. We made it to 16 years 3 months two weeks and 4 days :(
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
7/29/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian

Oh dear, wee KitKat.

I am so sorry to hear that it is time to let her go, but it does sound like it is the right time to do so. And I can say that these decisions are some of the hardest we ever make (I struggle every time with my own too) and they never get easier. Still you have been an absolute star with her and done so much with all that she challenged you with. And I am sure she is grateful for your dedication to her. Please do remember all the good times you two have had together and not just this sad moment of letting her go.

Please take care, my thoughts are with you.

Hugs,

Dr. B.

Hi Sharon,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Kitkat. How is everything going?

Dr. B.
Dr. B.
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian