Dr Linda
Dr Linda, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a practicing veterinarian with over 20 years experience in a mixed animal practice.
75966804

I kittens and they statr, started with an upper respiratory

Customer Question

I foster kittens and they statr
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the kitten?
Customer: started with an upper respiratory and I was giving them an antibiotic which they finished two days ago, one of them seem to be getting better but now is worse. He eats drinks and plays fine
JA: Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the kitten's name?
Customer: Red he is 9 weeks old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the kitten?
Customer: the other two are fine
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Linda replied 2 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Linda. I hope I can help with your concerns today.

I am sorry that Red is dealing with a respiratory infection. This is very common in kittens, made worse if they had a tough beginning.

The best news is that he is active & eating, but sometimes these infections just seem to take a little longer in some kittens than in others. This might also be a virus to which antibiotics don't always work. Nonetheless, I often will prescribe another go round of antibiotics just in case this guy just has a more difficult time with his immune system. Talk to your vet about sending home more antibiotics for Red. I do not think it is necessary to treat the other 2 if they are doing well. Usually, a vet will just let you pick up more without stressing the kitten out with another visit.

I hope this makes sense & you find the information helpful. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you.

Expert:  Dr Linda replied 2 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr Linda