Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My daughter's cat drank a little bit of water from a

Customer Question

my daughter's cat drank a little bit of water from a painting project. Guash paint
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the cat?
Customer: nothing - the cat is acting normally. it only happened about 5 minutes ago
JA: Where does the cat seem to hurt?
Customer: the cat is only a kitten - about 11 weeks old. no she doesn't seem to be hurt
JA: What is the kitten's name?
Customer: Julie
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Julie?
Customer: she's under treatment for ear mites and she's also taking sulfa (albon) .25 ml per day and also metroniadazole .3 ml twice a day
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 2 months ago.

Hi,I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your question now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

Hello again,

Good news! Julie should be just fine, however I have worked out a fuller answer for you below.

1. The information I have is that guash paint is a form of opaque watercolour paint, as such this water from the project is not likely to be toxic as such to your kitten. That said some cats could perhaps experience a mild transient bout of vomiting and / or diarrhoea, but I would not expect worse than that, and even that may well not occur.

2. given the above all you need do for now is just to keep an eye on your kitten. But in any case I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if Julie's condition changes in any way or if you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how Julie is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the paint incident ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks very much. I'm still at work but the kitten seemed normal last night and I have had no report to indicate any problems. I'll check when I get home to be sure.

I am pretty sure she will be OK.

Thanks for the update ...

Regards,

Dr Scott

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?