Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My 5 yr old female indoor cat all of a sudden is running

Customer Question

My 5 yr old female indoor cat all of a sudden is running around trying to hide from me and my husband. She is keeps extending her tongue like she ate something sticky. She won't let me get close to her, which is very odd behavior for her.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Her name is*****: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Rosie?
Customer: She has been in excellent health and I have noticed her urine output had been very little except today it was better and she was very loving up until a few hours ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 2 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** I'm sorry to hear about Rosie's situation. Is she an indoors only cat? How long has she been doing this? Has she shown any interest in eating or drinking since this started up?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Indoor cat only. This started a few hours ago. I tried to give her water and she showed no interest.

Is she pawing at her mouth? Is she breathing comfortably? If you offer her a treat, will she eat it?