Samuel Peck
Samuel Peck,
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian at Meadow Hill's
98574077

Im watching my friends cat who has chronic sinus infections.

Customer Question

Im watching my friends cat who has chronic sinus infections. Hes already on a steroid,and has had several rounds of antibiotics, but cant seem to shake it
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infections the cat can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Im just looking for a way to ease his congestion, because he still eats just about anything and drinks a lot of water, also is super active
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the cat?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** i believe hes 9
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Samuel Peck replied 2 months ago.

Greetings, I’m Dr. Peck, a small animal veterinarian in general practice. Hopefully I might be of some help. One moment while I reply…

Some causes of chronic rhinitis / sinusitis in cats are never completely resolved but instead should be thought of being "managed" as best as possible to alleviate clinical signs / discomfort as much as possible. This especially applies to autoimmune chronic rhinitis and nasal lymphoma or other cancerous causes of rhinitis / sinusitis.

Given you are taking care of Enzo for a friend, I'd suggest you continue medications as your friend informed you to do, as they were directed / prescribed by their veterinarian.

If it is ok with the owner of the cat, it is safe to instill 1-2 drops of little remedies phenylephrine drops in to / on to a cat's nose to help provide relief of nasal congestion. This medication is safe with steroids / antibiotics. It can be administered up to every 3-5 hours or less as-needed for nasal congestion.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Little-Remedies-Decongestant-Nose-Drops/46095644?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222227033587015&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=81876975369&wl4=pla-138868299369&wl5=9033823&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=46095644&wl13=&veh=sem

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions, simply write me back! Otherwise, please be sure to kindly rate using the stars, so that I receive credit for helping with your question today (this is how professionals on this site are compensated for their time). Thanks! – Dr. Peck.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Samuel Peck