Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

She was attacked last night by our pitbull and is still

Customer Question

She was attacked last night by our pitbull and is still alive
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the cat?
Customer: She was coughing up a little blood but I don't think she is still doing that
JA: Cats have coughing problems all the time but it is worrying. The Expert will know what you should do. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Babby kitty a year and a half
JA: What is the kitten's name?
Customer: Her name is kitty
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Kitty?
Customer: She was attacked last night by our pitbull and is still alive today and is just sitting
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Meghan Denney replied 2 months ago.

Hi I am Dr. Denney. I am currently reviewing your post now. Please give me a few minutes to type my response. Thank you for trusting us with your question. This service is used for general information only and is no substitute for a veterinarian patient relationship by examination.

Coughing up blood is very serious. If you were coughing up blood I would have to give you the same advice that I need to about your cat Kitty. Please take her immediately to a veterinarian for medical care. She may have severe internal injuries and she needs medical attention. Please get her help.

There is nothing you can do to help her at home. A dog attack can cause all kinds of traumata internal injuries. There is no way to help her at home and I know you do not want her in pain.